what am i up to?

Monday, February 16, 2009

silent auction basket

so i've been racking my brain for weeks and weeks trying to figure out what kind of basket to do for our silent auction at work next week. it's been driving me nuts. i wanted to do something unique that will hopefully bring in a nice price. but nothing was really coming to me.

well - it's the 11th hour. i finally came up with an idea and in a 15 minute shopping spree at walmart - this is what i finally came up with:

FAMILY FUN NIGHT BASKET

CONTENTS:

• Trivial Pursuit – 25th Anniversary Edition
• Scrabble
• Kerplunk
• Pop-o-matic Trouble
• Jenga
• Barrel of Monkeys
• Dominos
• Uno
• Deck of Playing Cards
• 11.5 oz Planters Mixed Nuts
• 1lb bag Strawberry Twizzlers
• 6 pack Box of Orville Redenbacher’s Natural Simply Salted Popcorn
• Collapsible Storage Container with Lid

what do you think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would probably prefer fewer games and more snacks (more like 50/50 than 75/25).

Kristine

gfygrl said...

i had to make sure the basket has substance to it. if we want people to spend a lot of money on it - they need to know they are getting something more than candy that will be gone by the end of the week...

nina wanted me to try to get my basket. i told her i wasn't paying for it twice...

tim said...

I would have put Clue in it, but that's just me...

Anonymous said...

That's true. Touche!

Kristine