what am i up to?

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

chchchch changes!

after 7 years, 11 months, and 28 days, i will be leaving my "current employer" to join the local chapter of the national kidney foundation.

my last day at WU will be feb. 5. my first day in the new digs will be feb. 13. it was supposed to be the 6th - but they had to change it because the bosses will be out of town and i can't start without them. so now i get 7 days off in between. which will be nice.

i got the offer monday. on monday i felt shock.

i put in my resignation and told my immediate coworkers on tuesday. on tuesday it felt surreal.

today - i think i was more buzy and frazzled than i've been in months. and i'm almost thinking "what did i do?"

it's a good opportunity. i get to go to pittsburg in july with the local team for the transplant games. that will be cool. i've never traveled for work before. oh. and every other friday during the summer they have "summer fridays" which means the office is closed. that's right. i'll have 3 day weekends every other week in the summer. sweet. and i get to do the newsletter - which will be cool. writing. :D and my favorite alum of WU told me to sign him up for a committee at my new job - he'll volunteer.

so. that's that. that's my big news. i'm waiting to wake up now...

oh - and see below for the first idol email of 2008...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweeeeeet

- tph

Anonymous said...

Congrats again!!

I guess that newsletter will need capital letters, though. :)

Re: Idol: I've had that bird guy's song stuck in my head since last night. What do you wanna bet we'll see him at the finale?

Kristine

gfygrl said...

oh you hush with your love of capital letters...

re: idol. i called my sister after the credits and sang "you are my sister - my best friend forever..."

*giggle*

tim said...

So what would I need to apply for your old job? :D

Or can you hook me up with a nice kidney foundation job after you get in?

gfygrl said...

you don't want my job. trust me.