what am i up to?

Monday, October 15, 2007

gripes and grins...

GRIPES
  • i haven't received child support since august. and the last bit before that was may. children can't live on $50 every six months.
  • no matter how hard i try - i can't seem to make everyone happy.
  • i really wish i could do part time work for full time pay.
  • i know there's something i'm meant to do with my life - i just can't seem to find it.
  • i don't have enough hours in the day. to sleep. to work. to play.
  • i'm always tired and i sometimes feel like a bad mom and wife.

GRINS

  • i have some good friends who have stood by me through anything.
  • my best friend will happily take a 15 minute phone call from me where i do nothing but bitch and never mentions that i forgot to ask her anything about her day before i have to hang up.
  • i have food in my belly, a roof over my head, and a thick comforter on my bed and people to share it all with.
  • i have homemade chocolate chip ice cream hardening in my freezer - courtesy of my new ice cream maker (4 years is the appliance anniversary)
  • i have a purring kitty in my lap who will continue to love me unconditionally as long as i continue to give her food.
  • i have a husband, daughter, and family who all love me - even when the laundry isn't done, the sink is full of dishes, and i only have energy to serve hot dogs and mac and cheese for dinner.

No comments: